synaptic on 17.10

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 20:17:43 UTC 2018

On 06/02/2018, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6 February 2018 at 10:05, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When I right-click (non-dominant mouse button) on the panel, and,
>> select the Properties option, it has an option Orientation;
>> Left/Right/Top/Bottom .
>>
>> If Left would be selected, in that context, is that what you are seeking?
>
> Oh come on, Bret, do you not think that I would have _tried_ that
> before I commented? Do you think I'd go and collect screenshots and
> create an Imgur album to make my point if it had not occurred to me to
> at least *try*?
>
> I specifically said that it didn't work on GNOME 2 and it _still_
> didn't work on MATE. That means I have tried it on both.
>
> I'm not being nasty! But... _really?_ :-)
>
> Yes, of _course_ I have tried!
>
> Try it for yourself! You can always just put it back.
>
> Or create a test account, see if you can recreate what those pictures
> show, and after you've found that it can't be done, you can log out
> and delete the account and you won't have mucked up your desktop.
>
> --
> Liam Proven • Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
> Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
> Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
> UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053

Because what I saw of the web page, did not include, in the images
displayed, a sample from UbuntuMATE, no indication was apparent, that
it had been tried.

You could have simply answered "Yes - I have tried that, and it did
not give what I wanted" - or, something similarly concizse, to that
effect, instead of your response above.

At that, i will leave it there, for this thread.

--

Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."