strange video audio and keyboard issue after upgrade

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 10:09:11 UTC 2018

On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 at 01:21, Felix Wong <felix at xilef.org> wrote:

> hi,
>
> after updating to kernel 4.18.0-13-generic on ubuntu 18.10, for some
> strange reason, audio, multiple monitor detection, and some keyboards
> stopped working (all keyboards would be detected as shown by dmesg and
> lsusb, but only some of them would actually work).
>
> i am on a intel nuc model NUC6i3SYB.

I am not seeing any such problem with that kernel (on different
hardware).  First check that if you go back to the previous kernel
that the problem goes away (select Advanced Options for Ubuntu from
the Grub boot screen).  If that does fix it but running with the new
one still fails then you could report a bug using

ubuntu-bug linux

Colin