"The system detected a problem, do you want to report it?" dialog

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Aug 26 14:08:48 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-08-26 at 15:36 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 26.08.2018, 15:12 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> >
> > We don't need to worry abut such issues, if we manually report bugs.
>
> if you manually report bugs software has no security issues ???

If you manually report bugs, you don't need to use a tool to report
bugs, that could suffer from a security issue. This is very important,
since you claim that the tool to report bugs does "anonymize" the
reported data, while you don't quote a source to underpin this claim.
However, even if it should be able to remove all sensible data, it still
could suffer from a security issue. If you don't use a tool to report a
bug, no tool could suffer from a security issue.