"The system detected a problem, do you want to report it?" dialog

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 25 14:55:20 UTC 2018

hi,
Am Samstag, den 25.08.2018, 16:33 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:

> You even wouldn't find harmless, but redundant software on my Linux
> installs, e.g.
>
> [weremouse at moonstudio ~]$ apt list -qqa '*command-not-found*'
> command-not-found/xenial-updates,xenial-updates 0.3ubuntu16.04.2 all
> command-not-found/xenial,xenial 0.3ubuntu16.04 all
>
> command-not-found-data/xenial-updates 0.3ubuntu16.04.2 amd64
> command-not-found-data/xenial 0.3ubuntu16.04 amd64

well, so you got some "ubuntu based" install there, but not an ubuntu
install that used one of the ubuntu installers and has gotten the
ubuntu defaults ...

that makes it indeed hard to judge issues or properly give support for
ubuntu given you will never have the actual defaults for comparison or
packages that people ask about in this ML ... but i think we had this
topic in the past ... ;)

on a properly installed ubuntu that used one of the desktop, live-
server or alternate installers you will always find apport, it is a
standard belonging to all official tasks and an expected feature for
something that calls itself "Ubuntu".

while it might be a nice anecdote for you that you do have packages
removed on your system or installed it in a non-standard way that didnt
bring in the default packages, it is in no way helpful for this support
thread nor does it contribute any useful information to solve roberts
problem ...

ciao
	oli