Menu System Tools/Software Updater not working after, Lubuntu upgrade from 16.04 to 18.04

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 15:14:40 UTC 2018

On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 at 15:43, grasso <grasso at deds.nl> wrote:

> Dear mailing list members, Colin,
>
> When I run update-manager in the terminal there is no window popping up.
>
> I had Set Digest Mode set to On.
> Now I switched Set Digest Mode to Off so I will be able to see the individual messages again.
>
> I only get below messages shown in LXTerminal.
>
> cp-admin at cpadmin-PX707AA-ABH-SR1409NL-NL520:/usr/bin$ cd /usr/bin
> cp-admin at cpadmin-PX707AA-ABH-SR1409NL-NL520:/usr/bin$ update-manager
>
> (update-manager:4944): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 11:46:57.955: g_dbus_proxy_new: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed

Does it then hang or return to the terminal prompt?  If it appears to
hang are you sure there it has not popped up a window behind other
windows or on a different screen?  Do you sometimes use multiple
screens but now not got them all plugged in?

What happens if in a terminal you run
sudo apt update

Are there any other obvious things not operating as expected?

Colin