Smart questions and bikeshedding - Was: Install Brackets removes Boinc ???

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Aug 24 10:38:50 UTC 2018

On Fri, 24 Aug 2018 11:04:40 +0100, Peter Flynn wrote:
>It needs condensing (tl;dr) or we need a more concise and up-to-date
>page to refer users to.

I agree on Nils's as well as on your opinion. The link is
"intimidating" and way too long, containing a lot of irrelevant
information and a few insults. However, it's a link much used, since
it's not easy to find a better explanation.

>I wish I could help.

I don't use this software myself, but likely the snap as well as the
PPA solve the issue. For some software snaps could suffer from
"limitations". I don't know if it's the case here, but I would try the
PPA first.