How to install new Ubuntu without a CD

Kevin O'Gorman kogorman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:42:11 UTC 2018

I have an old laptop that I keep running because it helps me with some
voluteer work I do.  I want to install Ubuntu on it, but the way I'm used
to involved burning a CD or DVD, and its media reader no longer functions.
Is there a way to do this?  It already has a somewhat old Ubuntu partition,
and I could use it, but the update process to make it current would be
laborious.  I'd much rather have a fresh install.

--
Kevin O'Gorman
#define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb))   /* Shakespeare */