Problem installing glom

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Aug 20 05:42:17 UTC 2018

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 22:13:10 -0700, John R. Sowden wrote:
>2) I am not sure what there terms mean (universe, hold).

Consider to use Google ;).

>3) the "echo ..." looks like a bash command to show info.  Would you
>like me to execute it and then send the response to the list?

No. My apologies, it's early in the morning here and I'm doing
housekeeping.

"universe" and "main" are repositories.

"libpython3.6" is in the "main" repository.

It might be, that in the file /etc/apt/sources.list and/or in a file in
the directory /apt/sources.list.d/ the chosen repository for "main" is
"xenial" and for "universe" it's "bionic". If so, use an editor and
ensure that the "main" repository is "bionic", too.

Sorry, I'm short in time, so I can't provide detailed explanations and
perhaps I only can reply in the evening again.