More is broken in latest update

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 06:46:49 UTC 2018

Running Xubuntu:
4.10.0-32-generic #36~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Aug 9 09:19:02 UTC 2017
x86_64 GNU/Linux
DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=xenial
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS"

The /bin/more command appears to be broken beyond use:

$ more
more: unknown option -/bin/more

Usage:
 more [options] <file>...

A file perusal filter for CRT viewing.

 -d          display help instead of ringing bell
 -f          count logical rather than screen lines
 -l          suppress pause after form feed
 -c          do not scroll, display text and clean line ends
 -p          do not scroll, clean screen and display text
 -s          squeeze multiple blank lines into one
 -u          suppress underlining
 -<number>   the number of lines per screenful
 +<number>   display file beginning from line number
 +/<string>  display file beginning from search string match
 -V          display version information and exit

For more details see more(1).
$

I thought it had something to do with my aliases, but this is no
alias.  There is no other 'more' on the system (in my path anyway):

$ which -a more
/bin/more
$

WTH?