Stellarium problem

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 7 13:16:27 UTC 2018

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 07.08.2018, 12:32 +0000 schrieb Tony Arnold:

> > do you happen to know where amdgpu installs the _drv.so file ? so
> > we
> > could add support for it to the snap ?
> On my system it's in
> /opt/amdgpu/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/amdgpu_drv.so
>
> There is also amdgpu_drv.so files in /usr/lib/xorg/modules, but that
> could be the open source driver.
>
> Hope this helps.

ah, i doubt we can convince the snapd developers or the security team
to support random driver files in /opt :(

i would have hoped they use some standard location in /usr like the
nvidia upstream drivers do ... typically snapd supports the default
distro locations on the distros it runs on, i suspect graphics drivers
in /opt is not a typical location on any officially supported distro
(arch, opensuse, fedora, debian and all their spinoffs)

one thing you coud try would be to bind-mount the /opt dirs over their
respective equivalents in /usr, then snapd would just pick the libs and
drivers up from that.

thanks anyway for the help and info !

I have created a forum topic for this, but my hopes are not high for
such non-std locations to be supported in snaps:

https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/making-non-standard-opengl-drivers-availab
le-to-the-opengl-interface/6710

ciao
	oli