Stellarium problem

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 10:04:05 UTC 2018

On Mon, 6 Aug 2018 at 01:59, Udvarias Ur <udvarias1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I too have trouble with Stellarium. Just as rikona, I wanted to learn
> where in the night sky I could see Mars.
>
> I installed Stellariumyears ago, probably with Synaptic.
>
> All I get is the Stellarium splash window and an error message box from
> Stellarium that reads
>
>             No OpenGL 2 found on this system. Please upgrade hardware or
>             use MESA or an older version.
>
> Any thoughts?

You need working OpenGL. You don't have working OpenGL. Find some
graphics drivers for your graphics adaptor that provide OpenGL and
install them.

Since you have not given us any specific information, we cannot give
you a specific reply. We are not psychic. We cannot tell what computer
you have, what version of Linux you have, what graphics card you have,
or anything else.