stellarium problem

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 6 19:02:57 UTC 2018

hi,
Am Montag, den 06.08.2018, 11:28 -0700 schrieb rikona:
> On Mon, 06 Aug 2018 17:06:18 +0200
> Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>

> > hi,
> > Am Sonntag, den 05.08.2018, 18:28 -0700 schrieb rikona:
> > >

> > > Could not initialize GLX
> > > Aborted (core dumped)
> > this issue is now fixed in the snap "candidate" channel, if you
> > would
> > switch your snap over to edge, either through the details page in
> > ubuntu software like in: https://imgur.com/ytoYP84
> I tried this and it did work - selected 'edge', as in the graphic,
> not
> candidate.
this is fine, the versions in edge, candidate and beta are currently
the same, paul just held back the promotion to stable until he has
feedback (which i just gave to him). the stable channel should have the
fixed version too in a bit ... you can then switch back to the stable
channel so you do not accidentially get test packages installed.

> > then check if it runs and let us know (either here or in the forum
> > thread) then it can be promoted to the stable channel.
> Seems to run OK now, but it shows daylight sky here - no stars,
> but does tell me where venus is :-).

well, it checks your system clock and shows night/day accordingly
(there is a clock at the bottom of the screen)

> > thanks a lot for the report and for helping to make it work !
> You're quite welcome. I'm not a software person, and thus limited in
> how I can help, but I like to help whenever I can.

you definitely helped a lot, thanks again :)

ciao
	oli