stellarium problem

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Aug 6 10:52:52 UTC 2018

Oli,

On Mon, 2018-08-06 at 12:28 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Montag, den 06.08.2018, 09:57 +0000 schrieb Tony Arnold:
> Alternatively, you could install the version in the repositories
> with:
>
> sudo apt install stellarium
>
> You should probably uninstall what you currently have.
>

> while that is indeed a solution it will not help the community as a
> whole, helping to fix the issue (by testing) with the snap will after
> all fix it for everyone and is a good social act ;)
>
> ... especially in the light that Gnome/Ubuntu Software nowadays
> prefers
> snap packages over debs, helping to fix it is in the end a service to
> everyone in the community ... which after all is the meaning of
> Ubuntu

Absolutely agree with all of the above. I was just giving the OP a
quick work around for now.

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold MBCS, CITP | Senior IT Security Analyst | Directorate of IT Services | Desk 51, Office 2, Kilburn Building | The University of Manchester | Manchester M13 9PL | T: +44 161 275 6093 | M: +44 773 330 0039