stellarium problem

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 6 09:40:39 UTC 2018

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 05.08.2018, 18:28 -0700 schrieb rikona:

> Could not initialize OpenGL for RasterGLSurface, reverting to
> RasterSurface.
> XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
> XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
> XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
> Could not initialize GLX
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> Unfortunately the above does not give me any clues as to the problem
> :-(

it points to an issue with missing GLX libs in the snap package, i just
cross-checked the package on an nvidia based desktop and see the same
error message (the system i tested on yesterday was Intel-only)

This is a bug in the snap package and easy to fix by including
additional mesa GLX libs, i opened a forum thread about it if you want
to follow it:

https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/stellarium-plars-not-working-on-nvidia-car
ds/6685

ciao