stellarium problem

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 5 23:32:21 UTC 2018

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 05.08.2018, 12:36 -0700 schrieb rikona:
> Using Ubuntu 16.04. Wanted to check out the location of close-by Mars
> so installed stellarium via GUI but it won't run. All I get is an
> instant flash of something on the screen. Htop does not see it
> running.

> I just wondered if there is anything different about snap installs,
> and how to get this to work...

if you open ubuntu software, what is the exact package name it shows ?

(i just quickly installed stellarium-plars here and it runs just fine
on a 16.04 machine ... )

snap app executables always end up in /snap/bin so if you want to run a
snap from commandline you can either call it with full path via
/snap/bin or through "snap run <appname>".

ciao
	oli