Entry 60 error, software updater failure

djlafond djlafond at protonmail.ch
Sat Aug 4 07:56:06 UTC 2018

Hi Colin,

There was nothing else, no punctuation beyond what i pasted in the prior message. That's the error message i got. i don't mean to be dense, i just don't see anything else. The entire content of my terminal mode attempt trying what you advised initially is this--i just did it again to get it all. i just exited after that.

david at ubuntu:~$ sudo apt clean
david at ubuntu:~$ sudo apt update
E: Malformed entry 60 in list file /etc/apt/sources.list (Component)
E: The list of sources could not be read.
david at ubuntu:~$

After that i exited.

i guess i'm not sure what file you mean. i haven't run anything else for fear of compounding the problem.

david

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in Switzerland.