Re problems with virtualbox

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Aug 4 05:25:43 UTC 2018

On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 14:57:45 +1000, Peter wrote:
>The only actions I have taken is to allow the updates from ubuntu
>updater. This isntralled two virtual box packages. I could not then
>open my existing virtual machine. Trying to create a new virtual
>machine using the new software gives the same errors as opening an
>existing machine.

This is vague information. Either restore your install from a backup or
start targeted troubleshooting, by running the commands I already
posted. Those commands might or might not help, but we should do one
targeted step after the other.

In addition to the commands of a previous post also run

  apt list '*virtualbox*'