Data Loss

rapt at inventati.org rapt at inventati.org
Sun Apr 22 08:34:40 UTC 2018

Hi all. While I was making a boot usb key using ubuntu xenial, don't
know what happened, but the default program erased my external hd
toshiba 1T. I'm rather sure that I did not tell the program to work upon
it, but anyway this is not the question. I tried to recover the data
inside the hd using Gparted, Testdisk and Photorec, but the only
opportunity they give me is to copy an image of the hd. The problem is
that they don't allow me to copy it in a different external disk, but
only in the internal, that is 1T too.

I know that there are technicians that can make it, but can't now spend
300€ for it, and I don't trust the solution using microsoft software.

Could someone help me suggesting some other solution?