Linux substitute for Dreamweaver

Kaj Haulrich kaj at haulrich.net
Sat Apr 21 18:24:23 UTC 2018

On 21-04-2018 20:10, Grizzly via ubuntu-users wrote:
> 21 April 2018  at 10:42, Gerhard Magnus wrote:
> Re: Linux substitute for Dreamweave (at least in part)
>
>> On 04/21/2018 09:40 AM, Grizzly via ubuntu-users wrote:
>>> 21 April 2018  at 9:23, walt wrote:
>>> Linux substitute for Dreamweaver (at least in part)

>>> Use a plain text editor <G>
>
>> What a brilliant idea! Why didn't I think of that?
>
> I "had" DreamWeaver on my system for a while but found I only used it "IF"
> there was a feature I didn't know how to code, so I took up a lot of (disk)
> space for no real gain, I could just as easy Google for that feature, and when
> I did try to use it to make a compleate page, that page was huge compeared to
> my plain text editor, If he really needs DW would it not run under Wine?
>
> It seems that if he does not have version CS3 (9) or CS4 (10) of DW all other
> versions work to at least the silver level (whatever that means) see
>
> https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=183
>
> that would at least mean he has software he is familia with

If you really, really need a wysiwyg editor:

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/

It's a bit outdated, but for relatively simple webdesigns fairly decent.
Scroll down on that page for a 64-bit version.

HTH
Kaj Haulrich.
--
Sent from my 100% Microsoft-free computer
----- running Linux Kubuntu 18.04 -----