Setup for a dash cam.

Owen Thomas owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 02:42:34 UTC 2017

I want to ask this question now, before I purchase a dash cam, because I
don't want to purchase one and find that it won't play with Ubuntu because
of flimsy bespoke compatibility minutiae.

Does anyone know a good hardware/software set up? I would think a dash cam
that recorded to a well known video format on a USB device that I could
mount simply by plugging it in is all I could ever need. Editing the
footage may be a concern at a later stage, but if it was, I would want to
worry about this at that later stage.

Anything like this?

Thanks.