[Resolved] Re: Upgrade to 17.04 gnome-flashback issue

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 31 20:16:21 UTC 2017

On 10/31/17 10:22 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Try to imagine all possible discrepancies. You claimed that noting from
> a PPA was upgraded, but packages come with pitfalls, such as the
> "epoch", so actually even downgrade are possible after you "disabled" a
> PPA. The data in $HOME still is "transformed" to fit to a more recent
> release. There are a few more pitfalls, but IMO this is the culprit
> that is the most easiest issue that a stupid user should be able to
> understand.

So now you resort to calling me "a stupid user"? I've never claimed to
be correct 100% of the time, but I can't recall ever being called a "a
stupid user" since posting on this newsgroup from 2006 & Ubuntu 6.06
onward. Your linux knowledge is obvious, so I bow to your esteemed
arrogance - have a great day.