Software (app) for camcorder interface with xubuntu 16.04

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Tue Oct 31 10:33:55 UTC 2017

MR ZenWiz schreef op 30-10-2017 21:52:
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 5:51 AM, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>
> wrote:
>> At Sun, 29 Oct 2017 21:03:21 -0700 "Ubuntu user technical support,
>> not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I have an HP 8740w notebook to which I would like to connect a
>>> camcorder.  However, I can neither find any such app on the machine,
>>

> Thanks to all who responded.
>
> Yes, it has a (mini) firewire port, but I don't have a FW cable for
> that (yet - dunno if I'll get one).

I think I could send you one; I have no firewire products and I have no
clue where I got it, but I think I have one of those, new.

But I don't know where you at (how far from the Netherlands).

I dunno.

> I need to start to remember to check the system logs before getting
> lost in the ineffective alternatives.

That's something that has become harder with systemd-journald so it's
just an unfortunate fact of life these days that checking the logs is
not the first thing you do...

You would need a desktop-based log-shower for that.

Again, no human fault... software at fault....