Internet is dying - diagnostics

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Tue Oct 31 00:44:44 UTC 2017

On 10/30/2017 05:43 PM, Tom H wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Eddie G. <eoconnor25 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> YET.....THERES NO WAY TO BUILD A LINUX OS THAT COMES WITH THE
>> NECESSARY DRIVERS SO THAT WIRELESS CAN WORK OUT-OF-THE-BOX?
> Ubuntu's the distribution where you're most likely to have wifi work
> out of the box. I can't remember when I last had such a problem on
> Ubuntu; 5.04 maybe.

As I sent in a previous post: Mint 17-3  long term on a Dell laptop
works right out of the box with the Broadcom wifi board.
If they can do it, and of course, Windows can do it, then any Linux can
do it, if they want to. Perhaps they are too damned stubborn,
because some "non-free" software is involved. I think this is obscene!

--doug