Upgrade to 17.04 gnome-flashback issue

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Oct 29 18:23:31 UTC 2017

On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 16:51:42 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
>On 29 October 2017 at 16:44, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 29 October 2017 at 17:30, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> True, if you want the same home folder in both boots.
>>> Actually not entirely true, you could link /home in one boot
>>> to /home in the other.
>>
>> OK, I hadn't thought of that. Might work. Tricky to do though.
>
>I wasn't suggesting it was necessarily a good idea, just pointing out
>the possibility.

JFTR if /home shouldn't have it's own partition, it's possible to bind
it. I'm doing this for /boot to avoid chainloading, since I prefer the
syslinux boot loader:

[weremouse at moonstudio ~]$ tail -1 /etc/fstab
/mnt/archlinux/.boot/ubuntu_moonstudio/boot /boot          none   bind              0 0
[weremouse at moonstudio ~]$ lsb_release -d