Setting dconf values as admin

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 26 07:27:05 UTC 2017

hi,
Am Mittwoch, den 25.10.2017, 13:26 +0200 schrieb Josef Wolf:
> Hello everybody,
>
> According to the instrunctions on
>
>   https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/dconf/SystemAdministrat
> ors?action=show&redirect=dconf%2FSystemAdministrators
>
> I have created a file
>
>   $ sudo cat /etc/dconf/db/ibus.d/01-cfsvn-global-defaults
>   [org/gnome/desktop/background]
>   picture-uri='file:///etc/lightdm/my-wallpaper.jpg'
>

> But this don't seem to have any effect. I have run "dconf update" as
> root and
> as ordinary user. Still no effect.

did you read:

man 7 dconf

?

when using dconf it wants the $DCONF_PROFILE variable set (at least if
you want to set a global setting ... otherwise use the gsettings
command from within yur running session, which i'd actually recommend
...)

since you seem to be german:

https://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/GNOME_Konfiguration/dconf/
 has detailed info ....