Ubuntu wiki

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Oct 21 12:26:49 UTC 2017

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 14:08:39 +0200, Xen wrote:
>Ralf Mardorf schreef op 21-10-2017 12:34:
>> On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 10:55:15 +0200, Xen wrote:
>>> And before you say this is a "user" problem, Arch and Gentoo don't
>>> have this problem, neither does Debian so much, even though they
>>> also manually activate Wiki accounts.
>>
>> OTOH at least some of the Arch Wiki sites suffer from the same issue
>> as at least some of the Ubuntu Wiki sites, they provide a lot of
>> "bad" information. I neither have the time to edit Ubuntu, nor Arch
>> Wikis, but I could edit both Wikis, if I would have the time to do
>> so, assuming Ubuntu shouldn't have changed something. Btw. for
>> Ubuntu you not only need (or needed) an Ubuntu One account, that
>> very often makes logging in a PITA, you also need (or needed) to be
>> a member of the team that is allowed to edit the Wiki.
>
>Yeah that's what I mean.
>
>I believe that puts people off (like me).

It was for me exactly the same barrier, but after a while I decided to
join the team. If I have got some time, I tend to edit Arch Wikis in
favour of Ubuntu Wikis, since the Ubuntu One login often takes very
long and sometimes the login seems to be null and void, after returning
to the Wiki page, so it requires to log in again.