Again: "Somebody knows your password" (Google)

David Fletcher dave at thefletchers.net
Fri Oct 20 17:52:47 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-10-20 at 18:30 +0200, Volker Wysk wrote:
> However, if your fetch process can handle 2FA, it's quite easy to
> > script.
> It's fetchmail. I haven't found anything about two-factor-
> authentication in
> the feature list.

I was recommended some time back to stop using fetchmail because of all
sorts of problems with it. I've been using getmail4 on my server for a
couple of years now without problems, only for yahoo for me and hotmail
for my son though.

I found a getmail from gmail tutorial here:-
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Backup_Gmail_with_getmail

Personally I've never used gmail but there was another article I found
that mentions ticking a box to enable POP3 on ALL messages.

Who knows if the problems you have are anything to do with fetchmail or
not, I certainly don't, but I thought it might be worthwhile to make
sure you are aware of an alternative that might be better.

Dave