Gnome replaces Unity

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sun Oct 15 17:51:51 UTC 2017

Bret Busby schreef op 15-10-2017 19:24:

> So, generalisations, such as the ones above, to which I am responding,
> invalidate themselves and any associated arguments put by the
> generalisator.

You're wrong. I wish you people would really drop the air of superiority
here.

And I responded to my parents.

My parents don't know Windows.

For them Cinnamon would be better than KDE.

Unity would also be better than KDE.

If there is anyone currently not using a computer, then they are not
tech-savvy, and are completely unlike you.

So your counter example is completely without merit.

Sure they could have gotten into computers using a Mac, or maybe a Linux
device if properly set up and guided along the trail.

But for the vast majority of people they either get into computers using
Windows, or not at all.

And some do via the Mac.

Kubuntu is not really all that different from Cinnamon either, but
anyway.

So even if my "generalisation" is only 95% correct, what good does it do
for god's sake to mention the less than 1% that got into computers
because they were avid tech people?????

The 'generalisation' was about non-tech-savvy users that are the target
of Gnome 3.

So you fall *completely* outside of the boat of that.

Really. Just... stop it you know.

Always this denialist nonsense.