Again: "Somebody knows your password" (Google)

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Fri Oct 13 12:57:05 UTC 2017

Hi!

Google notifies me by mail that a log in attempt, with my password, has been
prevented, because of the device being unknown.

I've already had this problem some two months ago. I'm not asking for the same
advice again, but there is one question.

On Google's "Zuletzt verwendete Geräte" ("last used devices") page, there is
my desktop, my smartphone und one unknown device:

"Unbekanntes Gerät
Uhrzeit: 	Vor 8 Stunden
Standort: 	Berlin, Deutschland
IP-Adresse: 	80.171.232.33"

English translation:

"Unknown device
time: 8 hours ago
place: Berlin, Germany
IP-Address: 80.171.232.33"

What I don't understand, is that the IP address is my real IP address. Does
that mean that that login attempt has originated from my computer? Is my
system compromised..?

Or, has maybe Google mistaken my desktop for an "unknown device"..?

And: Yes, I've changed the password.

Bye
V.W.