1404 server mounted the wrong drive

phil phil at philfixit.info
Wed Oct 11 08:24:52 UTC 2017

On 10/10/2017 4:39 PM, Xen wrote:
> Rashkae schreef op 10-10-2017 5:49:
>> On 17-10-09 11:25 PM, phil wrote:
>>> The administrator of the server in question has rsynced one of the 4tb
>>> drives to the other, hence the same uuid doh . . . Cheers for the
>>> pointer Rashkae  :)
>>

>> Unfortunately, no, he did not rsync... he did a block level copy,
>> (something like dd /dev/sdb  /dev/sdc)
>>

>> But easy to fix..sudo tune2fs -U random /dev/sdc (or /dev/sdb,
>> whichever is the old one.)
>
> But in that case there shouldn't have been old files anywhere.
>
> But I'm not sure what calculates a FS uuid.... but anyway.

For the sake of completeness the administrator did indeed dd the drives
but he did this about a month ago hence the older versions of files, he
has since updated the uuid as per Rashkaes tip above and everything
seems normal now. Thanks again  :)

--
"Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves? Robin Williams"

Regards,
Phil