1404 server mounted the wrong drive

phil phil at philfixit.info
Tue Oct 10 02:09:45 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Our Ubuntu server has a ssd boot drive /dev/sda and mounts a 4tb drive
for owncloud. Funny thing is there is 2 4tb drives in the box /dev/sdb/
& /dev/sdc . Normally it loads the correct drive which is specified in
/etc/fstab by its uuid. This should be /dev/sdc. Yesterday after the
updates it mounted /dev/sdb. How could it suddenly mount the other hard
drive? It sort of cause panic due to files suddenly being old etc etc

Linux:          4.4.0-96-generic x86_64
Codename:       trusty

yesterdays dmesg here  http://www.philllfixit.com.au/dmesg.txt

--
“The sole purpose of children's middle names is so they can tell when
they’re really in trouble!”

Regards,
Phil Steel-Wilson	|	[+61](0)447 64 55 34
Phil'll Fix IT		|	http://philllfixit.com.au
Computer Services	|	Linux user no. #564977

If you are happy with my service and rates, please recommend
me to your family and friends. Boring stuff follows . . .
Treat all email communication as confidential.
It is for the intended recipient only. If you have received
this and you are not the intended recipient please contact,
    admin at philllfixit.com.au