LibreOffice bundled with Ubuntu 16.04.3.

Owen Thomas owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 00:01:44 UTC 2017

Hello again.

In regard to my problems with LibreOffice in a recent message, I have just
downloaded, verified, and reinstalled the 16.04.3 LTS available from
canonical. This installation process seems to install a version of LO that
is older than the one available from the software centre.

I've remove the preinstalled LO and install LO Writer only. Even though
both installations say they are version 5, the installation from the
software centre has a completely different look and feel. As noted in the
earlier post, the spell check, not working in the version bundled in the
installation of the OS, works fine when installed through the software
centre.

I have done my best to highlight what appears to be a problem with the
installation of Ubuntu. I think this is something that someone who is
involved in development of Ubuntu and LibreOffice should look into.