Can anyone tell me what is wrong with LibreOffice?

Owen Thomas owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 12:08:32 UTC 2017

No, I got the same result when I reinstalled Ubuntu initially, but I
removed the installation of LibreOffice (LO if you like) and reinstalled LO
Writer only from the software centre. The L&F changed dramatically, and
spell check now works.

I think a mixed up version (some of 4, some of 5) has been pre-bundled with
the OS image that I downloaded from Ubuntu (if this is actually where I got
it from). I still observe that the name of the subdirectory from
.config\libreoffice is 4 even though Writer's splash screen says it is
version 5, so I guess something still might be wrong?

I would like to load a fresh image on to the USB that contains the image I
downloaded initially and reinstalled, but perhaps I could give someone a
copy of this image before I obliterate it with the fresh one. Would you
like me to do that?