Can anyone tell me what is wrong with LibreOffice?

Owen Thomas owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 01:46:44 UTC 2017

That seems to have worked.

I think the problem was that my installation of 16.04 (I reinstalled from
the USB I created for this process a few months ago) has a pre-bundled
LibraOffice. It automatically installed itself when I reinstalled Ubuntu.
The software installer was functioning on the new OS installation, so I
removed it and deleted the .config/libreoffice directory. Before I removed
the directory, I noticed that the directory had a single sub-directory
named 4.

I reinstalled LibreOffice Writer only, and notice that the L&F is
considerably different to what I was expecting. The main thing now is that
I have squiggly red lines appear under color and not colour and an
Australian English dictionary is sitting nicely inside the Text Language
list of my Spelling: English (Australia) dialogue box. Hence, I conclude
that there was something odd about where I sourced the image on the USB.

I was sure I got it from the Ubuntu download page, but all's well that ends
well I suppose.

  Owen.