Can anyone tell me what is wrong with LibreOffice?

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 21:11:04 UTC 2017

2017/10/07 0:34 "Liam Proven" <lproven at gmail.com>:

> On 6 October 2017 at 17:23, Xen <list at xenhideout.nl> wrote:
> > Liam Proven schreef op 06-10-2017 17:12:
> >
> >> Did it not occur to you that it was more likely to be something wrong
> >> with your own installation?
> >
> > Don't blame the user.
>
> I'm blaming his computer for the problem.

There isn't a lot of difference between blaming a computer without evidence
that it is a hardware or firmware problem and blaming the user who
ostensibly installed the OS.

> But the decision that "spell
> check doesn't work, therefore Ubuntu is broken" is Mr Thomas' and
> nobody else's.

And that assertion, whether it is valid or not, basically effaces whatever
difference there might have been.

You mean well, but a little hand-holding can tell you pretty quickly
whether it was effective or a waste of time.

--
Joel Rees

http://free-is-not-free.blogspot.com