Task Coach 1.4.3 in Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

Chris chris+ubuntu at postbox.xyz
Fri Oct 6 19:46:00 UTC 2017

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place to ask. Maybe one should file a
bug in debian's tracker, but there's already a similar one [2].

The TaskCoach version mentioned above has some strange issue with a
python locking library. When trying to open a tsk file created on
windows (don't know if this matters):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/lockfile/__init__.py", line
  279, in _fl_helper return cls(*args, **kwds)
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)

It seems that the upstream authors know about this bug and fixed it in
their own ppa [1]. I can't install that because another dependency
fails.

Just wanted to mention the issue. Would be nice, if it could be
fixed because TaskCoach is really a useful program!

- Chris

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/taskcoach/bugs/1618/
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=789565