unity error in a 16.04 LTS installation

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 20:11:13 UTC 2017

On 2 October 2017 at 20:38, Stathis G. Arapostathis
<e.arapostathis at gmail.com> wrote:
> How could I check whether there are other inconsistencies and fix them? :)
> Is there any solution on this issue or is it inevitable to reinstall ubuntu?

It is very rare to have to install Ubuntu. This is not Windows. First:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade
that  will update everything to the latest and tell you if there are
any problems with packages installed from the repositories.
If that shows no errors and does not help then, if you have not
already done so then reboot, though I expect you have tried that.
Then try logging in as the guest user. If it is ok as guest then you
have a config issue for your main user, not a global system problem.

Come back when you have done the above.

Also please note that the convention on this list is to insert replies
at appropriate points in the previous post so it is easier to follow
the thread, not to post at the top of the previous message

Colin