Another rant

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 12:08:10 UTC 2017

&

On 17 November 2017 at 23:59, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This does doesn't apply to OpenSUSE, only to SUSE.

***
Again: I am _not_ commenting for or on behalf of the company, and I
know very little more about this than anyone else.
***

Interesting that you both make the same point.

The same company is behind both. Both products are built from the same
components. The same people develop the product, the websites, the
documentation.

It's SUSE that pays for OpenSUSE.

So why consider or treat them differently?

There are 2 main enterprise Linux vendors.

ISTM that OpenSUSE Leap is closer to SLES/SLED/etc. than Fedora is to RHEL.

Tumbleweed, not so much. :-)

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: lproven at gmail.com