Another rant

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Fri Nov 17 13:07:47 UTC 2017

Liam Proven schreef op 17-11-2017 13:24:

>> Not saying that standard tools can't be good, but they have to be in
>> line
>> with who you are.
>
> Not really.
>
> Unix is a culture more than code. Where opinions differ, forks happen.

That is in contradiction with your "not really".

If you say that certain forks die the implication is that only one way
of doing things remains.

Thus, you have to fit into the mold.

If you don't like it -- for example because of the bad user interface
many "standard" and "successful" tools have,

then you are screwed.

>> I understand that but it doesn't tell me when I read the overview.
>
> It's free. So nothing is spent on marketing. Normal for the FOSS world.

You are wrong.

Look at its website.

> Terry Pratchett — 'The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is
> that people will insist oncoming along and trying to put things in
> it.'

It wasn't put in by anything good. It was put in when they were
children.

Now their minds are closed.