Custom .XCompose

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Sun Nov 12 06:39:24 UTC 2017

** Reply to message from Duane Whitty <duane at nofroth.com> on Sat, 11 Nov 2017
15:27:02 -0400

> On 17-11-11 03:11 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 10:53:52 -0800, Bob wrote:
> >> I have the need to input the extra Swedish characters occassionally
> >> and have been using the Alt-nnn method
> >
> > What is the "Alt-nnn method"? I suspect you mean "Shift+Ctrl+U n..."?
> >

> I think he means he means that using the number keypad on a keyboard
> (can't get it to work on my laptop) he would enter the character code
> for a particular character like Alt+233. I think that gives "e accute"
> in Latin-8 character set but not sure.

It is a bit of a pain to use on a laptop that does not have a separate numeric
keypad.  You need to turn on NumLock.  On my laptop it makes the keys under the
7, 8, and 9 keys the numeric keypad.  You have to turn on NumLock press Alt
then enter the numbers release the Alt then turn off NumLock to continue
normally.  But as I mentioned in another post it does not seem to work using
Ubuntu.

--
Robert Blair

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you!  -- Pericles (430 B..C.)