Custom .XCompose

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Sat Nov 11 18:53:52 UTC 2017

** Reply to message from Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> on Sat, 11 Nov 2017
08:54:39 -0500

<snip>

> Check that you have set a compose key either within your DE or with "xmodmap".
>
> Run
>
> xmodmap -pk | grep Multi_key
> or
> xmodmap -pke | grep Multi_key
>
> to display the key represented by the compose key.

Being a novice Linux user I did not know there was a compose key.

I have the need to input the extra Swedish characters occassionally and have
been using the Alt-nnn method, using a compose key seems much easier.  I looked
at the xmodmap man page and the -help but could not figure out how to use it to
add the compose key, too many things not defined.

So could some kind person give the xmodmap command to add the compose key to
the capslock key?

--
Robert Blair

The Constitution is not a document for the government to restrain the people: it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.  -- Patrick Henry