my little rant...

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sat Nov 11 18:00:23 UTC 2017

Ralf Mardorf schreef op 11-11-2017 11:13:
> On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 10:52:49 +0100, Xen wrote:
>> Personally I don't like constantly having to maintain my system.
>
> I not necessarily like spending time with going to the
> toilet, teethbrushing, going off to work and cooking, let alone washing
> clothes by hand in absence of a washing machine, but usually I need to
> do this each day, some of it even several times a day. There's no
> need to do one or another of those annoyances, but it might result in
> more annoying consequences, if I would stop doing it. Maintaining a
> Linux install close to changes from upstream on a daily basis prevents
> from happening a lot of nasty surprises.

Well I would advize you to break any other electrical appliances you
have in your house so you will have to do more by hand.

Since you are so fond of manual repetitive labour.

Maybe recompile all packages from scratch every month too.

Who knows what kind of bit rot could have occurred in the meantime.