Custom .XCompose

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sat Nov 11 09:32:04 UTC 2017

So apparently there is a guy who has tried to mimic the Windows
behaviour as closely as possible.

https://github.com/raelgc/win_us_intl

There is a .XCompose you can download that will (or should) fix all of
those dead accent issues with 'n and 'r.

It's just that it doesn't work for me and my .XCompose is not even read
by the system.

So first question:

How do you get the .XCompose read by the system, using either:

- fcitx
- xim
- uim

as input method?

Does /usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose even get read by the
system? I don't know...

Last access an hour ago. It is clearly not getting read...

My LANG is en_US.UTF-8 and LC_CTYPE is the same....

What woodwork do I find myself into this time...