my little rant...

Nino Novak kubuntu at ninonovak.de
Fri Nov 10 10:28:49 UTC 2017

Am 10.11.2017 um 10:12 schrieb Xen:
> Just a little rant here [...]

+1

Though I love GNU/Linux (or better, _because_ I love it) I feel so
frustrated when having to invest hours to find out how some simple thing
works.

And, BTW I also feel frustrated seeing this strange "progress" from kde3
to kde4, plasma, whatever you look at...

It might be a progress when looking the abstraction level, but at every
progress level the maturity of the whole system seems to decrease. So we
buy a better abstraction and pay with less efficiency/usability. The
better it gets the worse it performs. _F_r_u_s_t_r_a_t_i_n_g_!!!

Is there a systemic/social "setting", paramter, paradigm or somesuch,
that could help creating a better user experience? My own suggestion
would be to unify all the FLOSS activities, so that instead of
increasing diversification we get more confluence/integration/cooperation.