Konsole select into primary clipboard

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Fri Nov 10 06:07:09 UTC 2017

Liam Proven schreef op 09-11-2017 22:40:

> Ah, I see what you mean.
>
> It's not strictly speaking a clipboard -- it has no independent
> existence like a clipboard, it's just the current selection -- but
> yes, in that sense, there *are* 2.

No it's not just the current selection, you can deselect the text and it
will still be in the buffer.

> I really like it that way. I miss it badly on Mac and Windows.

> E.g. I can copy the page title and the URL of a page in a single
> operation. Very very useful and a huge timesaver.

Well it is a dumb system if you ask me, if we had something like Vim but
then more useful (because " is not useful on international dead
keyboards)

Like you select something then instead of directly pressing ctrl-c you
press ctrl-', a, ctrl-c, or even

ctrl-', a, c, to put it in the "a" buffer and so on.

I mean that's just the first thing I've come up with, I have tried
before to think of something but not really hard.

ctrl-' could be the "clipboard menu".

Just like "screen" has a menu under "ctrl-a".... but etc.

The problem of course is if you come from Windows and you are used to
Putty the following happens:

- you select some text and expect it to be copied, which it does but
only middle mouse click

- you paste the text using ctrl-v, but it pastes your old text

- you now select the text to delete it, but this overwrites the
previously selected text in the select-buffer.

- now you can start again.

FUCK.

I have to remember in time to press Ctrl-Z to undo my paste and not
using select, so I can still use my select-paste.

> I know of no way to unify them but I wouldn't want to so I've not
> looked.

Yeah well it's for the Konsole.

ctrl-shift-c is horrendous.