system freezes

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Wed Nov 8 14:54:56 UTC 2017

compdoc schreef op 08-11-2017 15:34:
> On 11/08/2017 07:27 AM, Xen wrote:
>
>> My system runs fine in Windows.
>
> I hear that a lot. Try live booting from a dvd or usb stick, to rule
> out your OS.
>
> IRQ conflicts used to cause problems, but I dont see a lot of that
> these days. You can try removing all but the most necessary cards, and
> moving cards to different slots.

I know I can do a shitload of troubleshooting but I don't have time for
that now.

Busy week.

I was running live Ubuntu 14.04 for a while but no issues, but also not
running from raid or dm-cache.

I have also been a bit in live Kubuntu 16.04 with this system and/or
15.10 but no issues then.

So I still think it could be either the raid or the dm-cache, but I
suspect dm-cache more.

I conconted this script for now:

#!/bin/bash

devs="msata-root msata-root_cache_cdata"

declare -A dms

for f in $devs; do
         dms[$f]="dm-$(dmsetup info $f -c -o major,minor --noheadings |
cut -d: -f2)"
done

grepar=$(echo ${dms[@]} | sed "s/\s/\\\\|/g")

i=0
while true; do
         { [ $(( i % 7)) -eq 0 ] && { date; echo; }
         vmstat -d | grep "$grepar"
         echo; } | tee -a /var/log/vmstat.log
         sleep 8s
done

With a bit of luck I will at least have queue stats when next my system
freezes.

Regards.