No audio through displayport

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sun Nov 5 19:00:27 UTC 2017

Ralf Mardorf schreef op 05-11-2017 18:24:

> The problem is that it still would require a combination of adaptors,
> because neither S/PDIF, nor DVI-D are provided by the laptop.

For the S/PDIF yeah I didn't realize that.

It's not mobile I know that but I don't know his use case.

DP -> DVI-D is easy.

Usb sound card can be mobile enough but the combining device isn't
mobile.

> So the workaround still wouldn't be too expensive, but complex and
> error-prone, at least it would be unfunctional regarding mobility.

Hardware generally isn't error-prone.

;-).

It's not linux ;-).

:p.

But yeah I personally try to stay away from DisplayPort but I think I
almost bought a HP widescreen elitebook with displayport myself.

But it's a terrible shame that it doesn't work.

> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2017-November/292222.html

Yes I saw your message.

That's basically what i said.

Except for the usb -> spdif.