ubuntu 17.04: cut and paste middle mouse not working?

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Mon May 8 14:03:54 UTC 2017

Ive posted a few times here about a similar situation with my mouse.

A few years back on 14.04 I had an issue where the mouse could
move about but not click on anything. I would have to turn off my pc
and potentially lose work. It didnt happen again for months but then
when it did, it went on for a few weeks. Out of the blue - it was gone.
I tried various brands of mice but they all seemed to have the problem
so I assumed it was the OS. I moved to on to each release and at some
point it would pop up. Im on 17.04 now and as of yet Ive not had the
problem. Ive also not experienced the problem since moving back to
a wired mouse. The research I did seemed to indicate a possible
usb port problem, my specific computer problem - though it happened
on two different systems, at first that one mouse... etc.

Try the wired mouse and see if it goes away. I like my wireless because
the cord gets in my way but if I dont have any problems, Ill deal with the
cord.

Wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675