attempt to read outside disc hd0 you need to lead kernel first

Gary J. Kirkpatrick garyartista at gmail.com
Tue May 2 05:35:12 UTC 2017

Last two times I booted I've gotten

BusyBox v1.21.1(Ubuntu 1:1.21.0-1ubuntu1) built in shell(ash)

(initramfs)_

It says to run a manual fsck which I did with fsck /dev/sda1, the petition
in question

Worked the first time, now I get

"attempt to read outside disc hd0 you need to lead kernel first"

Hard drive or memory failure? Smart drive says disk is ok. I can run ubutu
from a usb just fine. Is it worth doing a mem test? Or just try to
reinstall ubuntu- that would reformat the hd, no?

thanks

See my art website and blog <http://garyjkirkpatrick.com>     Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/GaryJKirkpatrick?ref=hl>