Can't find installed programs

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Mar 26 15:47:17 UTC 2017

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 08:35:44 -0700, John R. Sowden wrote:
>http://picpaste.com/Details_2017-03-26_07-33-16.png

I suspect that you clicked something, that shows details about a
package. IOW "details" unlikely is the package name. You seemingly
installed a package or meta package with "applets" much likely those
"indicator" things.

"Applets" are most likely not programs you can run directly, you much
likely need to add them to e.g. a panel or some other software run by
your desktop environment. Some panels e.g. provide to add such things
by a right click. However, I'm not using Unity or GNOME, so I can't
help you with this. Most likely another subscriber could help you,
resp. consider to search the Ubuntu Wiki and help pages. How to add
"configuration applets" to your desktop and/or panel.